Visit Malindi and Watamu on this day tour to experience the hidden towns near Mombasa. Visit the Palace, shops, mosque and much more. Walk through the mangroves and see the wildlife. This tour is great to experience Mombasa.
Stop At: Watamu National Marine Park, Watamu 80202 Kenya
Be picked up from your hotel in Mombasa by your guide. You will then be taken to Malindi to view the ancient buildings and attractions, namely the Jumaa mosque, village homes, shops and Palace. You will then be taken to experience the beauty of the Mida creek, 12 square miles of Mangrove forests. The creek makes an incredible transition from the coral reefs of the ocean with many wild birds inhabiting there; sandplover, egret, tern, whimbrel, curlew sandpiper and sanderling. You will then be transferred to visit to the remains of a Swahili town called Gedi. Here your guide will tell you about the history of the palace and tombs and the spectacular variety of trees including; combretum, tamarind, baobab, wild ficus and sterculia.
You will break for lunch at Watamu. Visit to the Watamu Snake Farm where the largest collection of snakes in East Africa are found. Visit the Vasco da Gama pillar, one of the oldest European monuments in Africa where you will get the history of the pillar. Drive back to your hotel in Mombasa in the evening.
- Malindi and Watamu tour from Mombasa
- See top attractions in each city, including both cultural and natural sights
- Fun trip for a full day outside of the city—without any planning on your end.
- Private transportation is a safe and fast way to travel among destinations.
Important Information :
- Departure Point
- Departure Time: Please reconfirm with the local operator
- Duration: 8h
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Local guide
- Live entertainment
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission – Bio-Ken Snake Farm
- Food and Drinks
- Additional Info
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please reconfirm pick up location with the local operator.